The role of the Health and Safety Committee is to keep an overview on the adequacy of the main channels for communications, publicity and consultation on Health, Safety and Welfare matters across the College.
- To advise, comment on and instigate College wide Health, Safety and Welfare policies, procedures and codes of practice and to facilitate their implementation with recommendations for action
- To promote and encourage the co-operation between all staff and students in developing Health & Safety and Welfare policies and issues
- To examine, appraise and advise on the implications of all safety legislation on the College
- To seek to ensure the implementation of safe working practices, safe systems of work and the creation of a safe working environment that encourages all staff, contractors, students and users of the College to act in a safe and healthy manner
- To receive and consider any reports from the Centre Safety Committees, the Health & Safety Manager, the Health & Safety Executive and other appropriate bodies and take such action as is necessary
- To consider and make recommendations for the Health & Safety training for all staff and monitor its effectiveness
- To study the accident statistics and trends, to consider and / or make reports on unsafe or unhealthy conditions and practices and recommend courses of corrective action
- To review and monitor Health, Safety and Welfare standards and targets
- To comment on the level of resources allocated and deployed to carry out Health, Safety and Welfare responsibilities.
Minutes of Previous Meetings
25 November 2015
24 February 2016
10th June 2015
9 November 2016
15 February 2017