Updated: Tuesday, August 11th 2020
All students waiting for academic and vocational qualifications results this summer will receive them by email.
Student and staff safety remains our top priority. Please do not come into the College to collect your results.
A Level and GCSE results will be issued to students via their college email account after 9am on Thursday, August 13th 2020 (A Levels) and after 9am on Thursday, August 20th 2020 (GCSEs).
Results for a wide range of vocational qualifications will be sent to students on a rolling basis in line with the release of the information from the awarding bodies.
We anticipate that the majority of Level 3 vocational results will be issued to students on Thursday, August 13th 2020. The majority of Level 2, Level 1 and Entry Level results will be issued from Thursday, August 20th 2020.
Please visit our questions and answers (Q&A) page for more information about:
We wish you all the very best with your results and are here to support you if you need advice and guidance.
Please continue to check the website, stay safe and follow government guidelines.
Apprenticeships are a great way to get a qualification, real work experience and earn money at the same time.
We have some great opportunities with some of the best employers in the local area, and our expert recruitment team, Job Connect, is on hand to help you with your application and acing the interview process.
There are two way that you can apply for an Apprenticeship through The Sheffield College - apply directly for a live vacancy or apply to the framework/standard you'd like to do and then then find an employer yourself. Keep reading for some pointers for both approaches!
ROUTE 1 – Apply for a specific vacancy
2. Once you've found a vacancy you like the look of you can apply by completing the application form on the job page
3. Our Apprenticeship recruitment team, Job Connect, will contact you to invite you to a 1-2-1 session to go over your key skills, what makes you suitable for the role and to provide you with some interview preparation
4. Your application will then be sent to the employer by Job Connect
5. If shortlisted, you will be invited to an interview with the employer
6. The employer will then contact you to let you know if you have been successful
ROUTE 2 – If we currently have no live vacancies in your chosen area
Don’t worry if you can’t see a vacancy you’d like to apply for, we are constantly updating our vacancies and we get new ones every day! You can still apply using one of the following methods:
2. Once you've found a framework or a standard that you like the look of, click the "Click to Apply" button
3. Once your application has been received Our Job Connect team will be in touch to arrange a chat with you about your skills and how to go about finding an employer
4. Job Connect will keep your details on file and contact you as soon as an Apprenticeship in your subject area becomes available
Please be aware that applying for a framework or standard does not guarantee that you will start an Apprenticeship within a few weeks - you will still need to find an employer to complete your Apprenticeship with!
If you know a company or employer who is looking for an Apprentice, let us know. We can take you and the employer through the process together.