Five reasons you should consider a career in Aviation, Tourism and Events:
- Life experience - there’s no denying that this is the industry to be in if you want to see the world, meet new people and explore new venues. Whether you’re exploring the world as a member of cabin crew, planning events in exciting locations, running a top end hotel or working in an airport you’ll get to meet people from different walks of life and visit some of the best places in the world.
- Long-term opportunities - some of the largest companies in the world operate in this sector (think Virgin, Emirates and Festival Republic) and if you’re willing to work hard and put the skills you learn to use you could have a job for life.
- Every day is different - as an event planner you could be doing anything from visiting venues, to dealing with caterers or designers for invites and as a member of cabin crew you could be travelling to and exploring different places in the world every week. If there’s one thing we can guarantee in this industry - it’s that it will never boring!
- Learn skills that you’ll have for life - in the Aviation, Tourism and Events industry you’ll gain skills that employers from every industry will value. From dealing with customers and delivering outstanding customer service to time management and organisation, your experience will be invaluable!
- High demand for jobs - this is an industry that is growing and is forecast to keep growing meaning that if you do a course in this area, you know it’s likely you’ll find work in the industry when you graduate.
Now you’ve decided to do a course in this area, let us tell you why you should choose to do it at The Sheffield College.
- Facilities - we have the best facilities in the area. Whether it’s our lifesize plane simulator or our airport security desk you’ll get a taste of what doing the job is actually like, nothing will you prepare you for your future career better.
- Industry links - we work with some of the biggest names in the business.
- Trips and experiences - our staff work hard to provide you with the best experience possible.
- Teaching staff - our tutors are experts. They have worked out in industry and know what skills employers are looking for in young people, meaning they can give you that cutting edge you need when you start looking for jobs.