This apprenticeship programme develops the knowledge and practical/technical skills for those working as an apprentice in the exercise and fitness industry.
Exercise & Fitness Apprentices are either;
a) Based with an employer 4 days a week and attend college 1 day a week (on a day release basis) for knowledge, portfolio building and assessments.
b) Alternatively, Apprentices can complete this framework in the work-place supported by a tutor and by accessing online resources.
This course is suitable for those who wish to gain a recognised qualification while in employment and develop their careers within the industry. You will need to be practically minded and be prepared to do some study in your own time.
Key Areas of Study
• Principles of exercise, fitness and health
• Working with clients to help them to adhere to exercise and physical activity
• Promoting health, safety and welfare in active leisure and recreation
• Reflecting on and develop own practice in providing exercise and physical activity
• Anatomy and physiology for exercise
• Planning and prepare gym-based exercise
• Instructing and supervising gym-based exercise
4 GCSEs grades A* - D (or acceptable alternatives) including English Language and Maths no lower than an E.
This course will provide opportunities for employment in the fitness industry and possible progression to study of an advanced apprenticeship where you can gain a Level 3 Personal Trainer qualification.