We know how important money is.
That’s why at The Sheffield College we will always do its best to support you through your studies to make them as stress free as possible. We have a specialist support team who can give you all the advice you need on all things like financial support, including what might be available to you, so that you don’t go short and you can put as much time into your studies as you want to.
You might be eligible for a bit of help too, so have a look at the options below and see if any could work for you.
1) Learner Support Fund - if you are under 19 on 31st August 2015, and enrolled on a Sheffield College course, you may receive support towards the cost of:
2) Free School Meals - if you meet the eligibility criteria we will be able to support you with free school meals. You will get an amount of money that you can use within the college shops and diners per day. This will be added to your student ID card, which you will just swipe to purchase items.
3) Bursaries - you may be eligible for a bursary of up to £1200 if you study with The Sheffield College and:
4) Travel passes - students of The Sheffield College can be eligible for a 16-18 Student Pass which entitles pass holders to cheaper travel on buses and trams in South Yorkshire. Pass holders are also entitled to half fare on Northern Rail train services in South Yorkshire.
5) 19+ Loans - if you are 19 and over, could there be a loan available to help fund your study. You can find full details here www.gov.uk/advanced-learner-loan