The Business Gateway offers a variety of Apprenticeships and we are constantly looking for companies to offer Apprenticeship placements. If it is something your company would like to know more about please contact us for an informal discussion. See the Apprenticeship YouTube channel for more information about apprenticeships.
The advantages to the student of an apprenticeship are:
- Apprentices are employed and undertake a mixture of work based training and college based education.
- They study on the job, building up knowledge and skills, while gaining qualifications and earning money at the same time.
- The Business Gateway currently offers Apprenticeships in; carpentry, plumbing, engineering, childcare, administration, health and social care, dental nursing, pharmacy, hairdressing, beauty therapy, catering and hospitality, motor vehicle and heating and ventilation.
- Apprentices work towards a National Vocational Qualification at Level 2 or 3 which takes between one to four years to complete.
- Around 650 students are on an Apprenticeship programme at any one time.
- The college works with 500 employers for the Apprenticeship programme.
- The timely success rate of Sheffield College apprentices completing their Apprenticeship in 2008 was 17% above the national average.
Click here to go to our Apprenticeship section or click here to contact the Business Gateway.