Responding to redundancy
The Sheffield College Business Gateway has developed an action plan to support people made redundant and help businesses stay afloat as the downturn bites.
The Business Gateway offers:
- A Route To Employment scheme, offering those who have been unemployed for 6 - 12 months the opportunity to train in a variety of part-time roles.
- A part-time training programme with Sheffield Teaching Hospitals, covering; maths, English, health and safety, interview techniques and cv writing skills.
- A redundancy programme where people seekingwork have a one-to-one consultation looking at current skills, any gaps and further training needs.
- A one-stop advice shop at Sheffield City College for people made redundant, where careers advisors and employers can meet to provide training and job opportunities information.
- An Online package for local people to enhance their employability prospects and improve their confidence, including English, maths, and information & communication technology skills (currently being developed).
Other short, bespoke courses are planned which will help businesses to survive.
Please call The Sheffield College Business Gateway, Sue Robinson on 0114 260 2600. For all other opportunities please contact us using the Contacts form on this website or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org