Skip to main content

Disabled Students' Allowances (How to Apply)

In order to apply for the Disabled Students Allowance (DSA) you must satisfy all three requirements below:

Disabled Students' Allowances (How to Apply)

Proof of disability

You must provide evidence of your disability, such as a doctor's letter, diagnostic assessment or completed medical evidence form (ask the DSA Co-ordinator for a blank copy, or download one by clicking here).


You must be a UK student. 

Course requirements

You must be a one of the following:

  • a full-time undergraduate student on a course lasting at least a year
  • a part-time undergraduate student whose course lasts at least a year (and doesn’t take more than four times as long to complete as the equivalent full time course)
  • a postgraduate student studying a recognised taught or research course

For more information please visit to check your eligibility

The amount of funding that you will get is based on your individual needs. For more information and current figures, see the website.

If you are still unsure whether you may be eligible, staff at The Sheffield College can advise you. Please contact us on 0114 260 2969 or speak to our DSA Coordinator -


29/11/2021 6:08 pm
Keeping safe at college - important guidance